Full and Partial Dentures
Rockford & Loves Park, IL
Full and Partial Dentures
Rockford & Loves Park, IL
Fabricating full and partial dentures is a specialized field of dentistry focused on restoring unsightly or missing teeth back to a natural looking, aesthetically pleasing condition.
Fabricating full and partial dentures is a specialized field of dentistry focused on restoring unsightly or missing teeth back to a natural looking, aesthetically pleasing condition. Burch Dental can achieve this goal using several different procedures, all tailored specifically to your personal treatment plan. Our team always focuses on preserving as much of your natural teeth as possible, to achieve an authentic looking repair, while maintaining or improving your surrounding bone and gum tissue.
The team at Burch Dental has a simple goal. That is to ensure your trust through our commitment to quality treatment and your continued satisfaction. It is our daily agenda to maintain a caring environment that is respectful and comfortable for everyone. Our team members are united in our efforts to promote oral health by means of prevention, enhancement, wellness, and rejuvenation. Call or visit one of our convenient locations today to schedule your appointment for an evaluation to determine if you would benefit from full or partial dentures.
Having a full set of healthy teeth can completely change your quality of life. If you are missing a good portion of your teeth, social situations can easily become stressful and embarrassing if you feel the need to hide your smile.
Dentures have become a long-standing option for patients looking to replace partial and full portions of their teeth. Dentures will protect exposed gums, increase the functionality of the mouth with no teeth, and once again allow patients to show off a new healthy smile.
Are You a Candidates for Dentures?
If you are experiencing any of the following situations you may be a perfect candidate for denture treatments:
- If you are missing the majority or all your natural teeth.
- You are experiencing severe decay requiring extraction.
- The lack of bone integrity and density for dental implants.
- Your gums are receding due to age or disease.
The Different Types of Dentures
You do not have to remove all your teeth to get dentures. There are several types of dentures available if you are seeking replacement options for missing teeth in multiple stages of treatment:
- Full Sets: When people initially think of dentures, they most often are referring to a complete set. If you receive a full set of dentures, you are missing all your teeth from decay or damage, requiring a full mouth of replacement teeth to achieve a healthy smile.
- Partial Sets: If you still have some healthy natural teeth or are considering the possibility of dental implants in the future, you can receive a partial set of dentures. These sets are made to sit on existing teeth and gums and can be adjusted as dental implants are added.
The Denture Procedure
When you and Burch Dental have determined dentures to be the best treatment to restore your smile, there are several steps necessary in creating the final product. The specific style and type of dentures needed for your personal treatment will determine the final length of the process, but for traditional full and partial dentures you can expect the following steps.
- Dental Impressions- To ensure your dentures will fit comfortably and securely to your gums, we will need to take an impression of your remaining teeth and gums to help create your appliance. If your case requires extractions of decayed or damaged teeth, our team will need to wait to take impressions until the gums are completely healed to reduce the risk of loose dentures from any swelling.
- Wax Rims- To correctly measure the bite and alignment of your teeth, we will use a set of wax rims. When placing the rims in your mouth, Burch Dental can gauge how the dentures will need to be formed to achieve a healthy bite once they are in your mouth.
- Customized Teeth- At some point in your initial appointments, our team will allow you to customize your dentures. By choosing the size, shape, and shade of teeth to be used, you can achieve the exact look you have always wanted for your smile. After collecting all the measurements and details to create your dentures, we will send the information to the dental lab responsible for fabricating the appliance. This process can vary depending on the treatment.
- Trial Fit- To help you get used to your new dentures, Burch Dental will create a plastic and wax mock-up set to give you an idea of how they will look and feel. This trial helps us make adjustments needed to the fit and shape of the dentures before creating the final set.
- Final Fitting- When the mock-up set has been approved, the dental lab will fabricate the final partial or full denture set for your restoration. You will return to our office for a final fitting to make any last-minute adjustments needed before sending you on your way. Your dentures should feel comfortable and secure before leaving the appointment to prevent any discomfort or soreness.
- Check-Up Appointment- In some cases, check-up appointments might be necessary if you feel uncomfortable with the fit of your dentures. Tight- or loose-fitting dentures can cause gum sores and swelling, preventing you from wanting to wear them daily as needed. Making an appointment with Burch Dental at the first sign of a problem is essential in avoiding discomfort and helping your mouth get used to the dentures quicker.